Who has time to carefully roll a meat stuffing into fragile steamed cabbage leaves?
This recipe tastes just like cabbage rolls but it’s a lot easier to make
1/2 lb of ground beef
1/2 lb of ground pork or more ground beef
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/2 large head of cabbage, sliced
1 tsp of paprika
1 tsp of dill weed
1/4 cup of fresh parsley
1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
5 Roma tomatoes
1 medium carrot
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute the onions in the oil until tender.
- Add the meat and spices and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Blend tomatoes and carrot together , until a sauce is formed and add them to the meat, cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Mix the cabbage in, cover and cook until cabbage is tender.
- Remove from heat, add the parsley, stir and cover.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.